Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Horror comes to GSN's Skin Wars

The Game Show Network has a new series, a body art competition show called Skin Wars. The competing body artists are given themes to work with each week and the last episode challenged the artists to make themselves up as one of their big fears. (They usually paint models, but an extra part of this challenge was for them to apply the make-up on themselves.) Some of the artists did things like aging and arachnids, but artist Felle chose horror movies and came up with...



I just got a kick out of this. Part Freddy, part Pinhead. (There's also Heath Ledger's Joker and...I don't really recognize the other part below Pinhead.) Hellraiser always seemed to me like it's not on the radar as much as a Freddy or Jason, so I always like when it gets referenced somewhere. (As it did on a Community episode last season.) The artists on Skin Wars are given a couple of hours to complete their projects, so I think Felle's Pinhead and the Freddy burns turned out nicely. (These pics I took don't do it justice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment