Friday, August 1, 2014

RIP, FEARnet

I was awaiting FEARnet's monthly update only to find it missing from my On Demand listing. Apparently, FEARnet is no more. My local cable provider only ever got the On Demand portion of FEARnet and not the actual channel, but I've enjoyed and discovered plenty of horror movies on there, so I'm sad to see it go. (Comcast is merging it with the Chiller channel, supposedly -- another channel my crummy cable company doesn't offer.)

FEARnet's selection kind of dwindled over time, but it was still nice to have a monthly dose of horror. And, like I said, I got into some obscure slasher movies through it, and enjoyed some of their original programming, like the miniseries Fear Clinic, Tom Holland's Twisted Tales anthology and Mick Garris' interview program Post Mortem. Most of all, I always got a kick out of their comedically tinged, often WTFucky movie descriptions. Someone over there had a goofy sense of humor.

RIP FEARnet!

No comments:

Post a Comment